Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport they provide.
This means that we use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that we provide
- build capacity and capability within school to ensure that improvements made now are sustainable and will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
PE and sport premium is used to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity by:
- providing targeted activities or support to involve and encourage the least active children
- encouraging active play during break times and lunchtimes
- establishing school sports clubs and activities and broadening the variety offered
- raising attainment in primary school swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of key stage 2 - every child should leave primary school able to swim
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school